Climate and Culture
The school values underpin the climate and culture in the school, they are integral to all that we do and ensure all students leave Winchcombe School in Year 11 ready to take on the challenges in front of them.
The pastoral structure incorporates tutors as first point of contact for parents with Heads of Phase overseeing the pastoral care system. The tutor will stay with their group throughout their school career in order to provide focussed support in the later years. All year groups are supported by a Pastoral Support Lead.
The school is split into 3 phases
- Transitions (Years 7 & 8): Lead by Mrs Hastings
- Supported by
- Ms Beacham (Pastoral Support Lead)
- Mrs Thomas and Mrs Burgess (Primary Transition Team)
- Tutors (
- Pathways (Years 9 & 10): Lead by Ms McGaw
- Supported by Ms Shurmer (PSL)
- Futures (Year 11): Lead by Mr Haynes
- Supported by Ms Joyner (PSL)
Safety and Wellbeing
- The safety and wellbeing of your child is paramount to us
- Safeguarding is the responsibility of all staff in the school, however, we have a core team who monitor and track safeguarding concerns in the school
- Mr Young – Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Ms Peters – Deputy Safeguarding Lead and Attendance Officer
- Ms Fowler – Intervention and Support Lead
- If concerns are not able to be resolved by the HoP or PSL, these cases will be passed to the Safeguarding team, where further external support can be sought.
A Typical Week
- Each day start with Tutor Time. An opportunity to touch base with their tutors and ensure they are ready for the day ahead.
- Each tutor session in the week has a key focus, these include; Literacy, Numeracy, Careers, Current Affairs and an Assembly
- Uniform and Equipment is also checked regularly
- Once a fortnight, students will have a Personal Development session with their tutor. These are focussed on:
- PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education)
- RSE (Relationships and Sex Education)
- LORIC (Leadership, Organisation, Resilience, Initiative and Communication)