Welcome to the Winchcombe School (Parents’) Association page – ‘WiSPA’ for short (previously WSA). All parents and carers of students at the school are automatically members, along with any grandparents and other ‘friends’ over 18 who’d like to be involved – we welcome any new faces at our meetings!
We help out by:
- Organising fund-raising events to buy additional equipment for which the school doesn’t receive government funding and to pay for student ‘rewards’ for achievement
- Helping the school on occasions such as open days and performances, where refreshments are needed
- Keeping a stock of 2nd Hand Uniform (all priced at half price or less than new cost) – handy for when your teenager has a growth spurt or you need an extra jumper
We’re glad to have your support – we don’t mind that you can’t always make it to the meetings, as long as we can email you to ask you for help and to promote events, that’s great!
Over the past few years we are proud to have helped buy the following for the school:
- A new minibus
- Laser cutter and 3D printer for D&T Department
- Sewing Machines and printing press for Art – some amazing student work has been created with these
- Main hall Sound and Lighting equipment (for Drama and general use) plus a new projector
- Music composition software, drum kit and public address equipment for Music Dept
- Benches for outdoor classroom used by Science Dept
- Outdoor table tennis table
- E-readers for Library
- Maps for D of E expeditions
- Prizes for students and Christmas treats
We have raised hundreds of £s from recycling – printer ink cartridges and clothes with recycling companies.
In recent years, we’ve organised:
- jazz nights
- jumble sales
- family quizzes and race nights
- British Heart Foundation Cotswold Cycle Ride
We try to organise a bar at most school-run events (music/art/information evenings), so please do bring your wallet and buy a cuppa or a glass of something refreshing. All the profits go towards your child’s school.
For the past few years, we have held a successful House Hamper Christmas Raffle and Chocolate Tombola stall at the Winchcombe Christmas Fayre in December. We love the wonderful and imaginative contributions to the hampers – they always look spectacular.
Please look out for our letter requesting donations during the autumn term.
By the way, you can help contribute really easily to WiSPA funds just by using a special website link to your online retailers. It doesn’t cost you anything, but the companies make a percentage donation to the school depending on how much you spend with them. Please add http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/winchcombeschoolpta to your favourites. You’ll find many popular retailers on their list, including Amazon, Debenhams, Asda, Waitrose, Holiday Inn and loads more. You just visit their sites via the Easy Fundraising one and a donation will automatically be made to the WiSPA account.
Please do make yourself known to us if you can help in any way, either with fund-raising or to support the school during open evenings etc. If you’d like to go on the WiSPA mailing list, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you into the group so that you’ll get minutes of the meetings to find out what’s going on. You’ll also get emails asking if you can help out with refreshments at parents’ evenings or other school events.
Does your employer operate a matched giving scheme for charities? Please ask – if they do, we’d love to know as it would be a great help towards our fund-raising for the school.
Chair: Mikki Darville (child in Year 10)
Vice Chair: Treasa Butcher (child in Year 9)
Secretary: Ellen Yeates (child in Year 7)
Treasurer: Cliff Cocks (child in Year 7)